Associating html files w/ gedit makes Firefox, Chromium think they’re not the default browser though they are
Steps to reproduce:
0. Set up Chromium/Firefox to prompt when it’s not the default browser (e.g. for FF, set browser.shell.checkDefaultBrowser to true)
1. Create/save a file with .html extension
2. From Nautilus, open the file’s properties
3. On the Open With tab, select gedit as default application to open html files with
4. In System settings, select Details and verify that in Default Applications the Default Web Browser hasn’t changed
5. Start Chromium/Firefox
The browser thinks it’s not the default browser anymore and prompts you to set it as such.
What I expect to happen:
For the browser to know it still is the default browser and not ask about it.
Has this happened before:
Doesn’t seem to apply to Lucid, so the bug occurs somewhere between 10.04…12.04.
I’ll attach a screenshot demonstrating the above result.
I’m not at all sure whether I filed this against the right package, feel free to correct it.