I reported this on Launchpad  and was forwarded upstream.
Steps to reproduce:
1. In Nautilus, select Connect to Server
2. Enter ftp server address, select FTP (with login) as type
3. Enter credentials,
4. select ”Remember this password”
7. Do steps 1.-2. again with the same server.
The User name and Password fields remain empty. You have to enter your credentials again if you want to connect.
What I expect to happen:
For the Password field (at the very least) be automatically filled when I enter the associated user name. Better yet, remember and suggest (as default) both the User name and Password used previously.
Alternatively, just use ~/.netrc if that’s available and has the credentials (see ).
*  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gvfs/+bug/963061
*  https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/963042