@skjnldsv The points you raise are about SEO, and (from what I linked to above) I believe those issues are already being worked on. In case I was unclear, I’m not arguing for my idea to supplant the SEO work currently in progress, but to augment it.
Obviously, if #915 gets implemented as requested, my issue becomes moot, but from reading the comments there I understand it’s not so cut and dried that it will be.
As discussed in #915 and #517, Google seems to prefer old versions’ documentation at the expense of newer ones for some reason. The issue was partly mitigated by the fix for #958, which added prominent links to the latest version on top of old pages.
But these links currently point to the manual root. Ideally, I’d like these links to point directly to the latest version of the specific manual page I’m viewing, if available.
For instance, a search for nextcloud occ (for me at least) currently yields the manual page for version 9 as the top result. The ”latest version” link at the top then takes me to the server manual introduction. This means it’s still easier for me to navigate to the latest version of the ”Using the occ command” page by manually replacing the version number in the current URL with ’stable’ (or the latest release number) than to follow the ”latest version” link and try to find the page there.
Producing specific links is probably more laborious than the generic top-level-pointing link. For instance, there may no longer be a corresponding page in the stable version. Detecting such cases should be automatable I think, but there may be other issues that aren’t.
This will be much less of an issue once the SEO issue is resolved, but I think direct links would still remain useful, as people can still come up with search terms that search engines think correspond to old documentation better than the latest.
Kun reittihaun (oulu.digitransit.fi) osoitekentässä painaa sarkainnäppäintä, se tyhjentää viimeksi kirjoitetun tekstin (ja palauttaa kentän edellisen sisällön, jos siihen oli aiemmin syötetty jotain). Tämä on jotain ihan muuta kuin sarkainnäppäimeen tavallisesti kytketyt toiminnot: sarkainnäppäimen painalluksella pitäisi joko kursorin hypätä lomakkeen seuraavaan kenttään, tai, jos osoitekenttään syötettyä tekstiä vastaavien ehdotusten luettelo on näkyvillä, syöttää ehdotuksista kohdistettuna oleva teksti osoitekenttään.
Under some circumstances, content from one Firefox window hidden behind another leaks onto the top one. Reproducible in both Bionic (with Intel graphics) and Disco (in a VirtualBox VM), reporting this from Disco.
== Steps to reproduce ==
1. Open one Firefox window, drag it to the right side of screen to fill the right half, and navigate to https://www.twitch.tv/rifftrax
2. Open another Firefox window, maximize it on top of the first one, and use this topmost window to open https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5dxd-ocaE8 and expand the Youtube view to ’theatre’ mode
== What happens ==
White parts of content in Firefox window #1 cast a spectral shadow on the black parts of content in Firefox window #2. It’s quite subtle, but luckily can be caught in screenshots: see attachments below. Pausing the Youtube video seems to make the effect to go away (the transparency disappears).
== What I’d expect to happen ==
For the topmost window to be completely opaque, i.e. not to see anything from behind the topmost window whether the video is playing or not.
== Other info ==
Though I don’t think this is tied the two sites I’ve used as an example, they’re the first and only ones I’ve happened to encounter this with. I’ve yet to find other reports about this, apart from one /r/Fedora thread mentioning something similar: https://www.reddit.com/r/Fedora/comments/7m9m4h/youtube_videos_are_transparent_kind_of_in_firefox/
Untouched screenshot of top window revealing content from another window below
Same screenshot with added hints about see-through content
As a workaround, copying the icons and manifest from public to domain root seems to work (with Wekan snap running behind Apache here). As the files have a wekan- prefix, collisions shouldn’t be an issue. Naturally, this solution does require write access to the domain root directory.
Nope, Chrome manifests this too:
Server Setup Information:
- Did you test in newest Wekan?: yes (current edge is 1.88, the same as stable)
- For new Wekan install, did you configure root-url correctly? yes
- Wekan version: 1.88
- Operating System:
- Deployment Method: snap
- Http frontend: –
- ROOT_URL environment variable: http://localhost
Since (at least) a few days back, my web console (in both Firefox and Chrome) is logging this error whenever I open a card. The same error is also logged for opening a board. Additionally, in the more compact view (when the browser window is small, as in the gif I’m attaching), expanding a list causes the same error, as does closing a card.
This doesn’t seem to affect any functionality AFAICT (although I did notice this while investigating why vertical scrolling within a card is suddenly very slow, but that is probably unrelated and possibly local).
The attached animation is from a fresh install with just the user account and one test card created.
Steps to reproduce:
- Open web console
- Open a card
”Exception from Tracker afterFlush function”, ”ReferenceError: Ps is not defined”. Web console log attached.
If using Snap, output from
sudo snap logs wekan.wekan
(Nothing during the error event)
Alternatively, after adding the PPA, replace ’cosmic’ with ’bionic’ in the sources list, as the package for Bionic currently appears to install and work in Cosmic just fine (from my brief testing).