JSON files attached to a card (with .json filename extension) are empty when downloaded
JSON files can be added to cards as attachments, but they are empty when downloaded from a card.
Server Setup Information
- Did you test in newest Wekan?: 5.90
- Did you configure root-url correctly so Wekan cards open correctly? yes
- Operating System: Ubuntu 20.04
- Deployment Method: snap
- Http frontend if any: Apache
- What webbrowser version are you using? Firefox (reproducible in Brave too)
- Have a JSON file, such as the example from Wikipedia. Name it
- Open a card in Wekan.
- Select + from the Attachments section.
- Select ”Computer” from the popup.
- With the JSON file now attached to the card, select to ”Download” it.
- Open the downloaded JSON file.
What I expect to happen
For the downloaded file contents to match the uploaded file.
What happens instead
The file is empty.
Nothing in either the browser console nor snap logs when the issue is triggered.
- Deleting the attachment seems to work.
- The issue can be worked around by renaming the JSON file prior to uploading to have a .txt extension instead of (or in addition to) .json.